Our Pupil Premium Strategy
Leesons Primary School is committed to supporting all pupils to overcome any barriers to learning. The Federation recognises that our families have a wide range of needs and they also have many strengths. Our aim is to ensure that all children who are in receipt of the Pupil Premium Grant will make at least expected progress, achieving as well, or better than, those nationally. In addition to this we expect that all Pupil Premium Pupils will achieve as well as non-pupil premium pupils.
Planned use of Pupil Premium
Leesons Primary School receives a ‘Pupil Premium Grant’ from the Government for each child that is eligible for free school meals (‘FSM’), or has been eligible at any time in the last six years. This Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gaps between them and their peers. A similar grant is also received for some children in the care of the Local Authority, and children of armed forces personnel. We use the grant to have a targetted approach to supporting these pupils within our school whether that be with an academic or pastoral focus.
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you are receiving any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (providing you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit), with a gross annual household income of no more than £16,190 (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs-HMRC)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment received for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit, with a net annual household income of £7,400 or less (after tax and not including any other benefits you receive).
How to apply
We recommend you apply online using the above link. If you are unable to complete the application online, please contact us so we can help you.
Obtaining the premium that we are entitled to on account of our children being, or having been, eligible for FSM is very important to us and if you think your child is eligible for FSM, please contact the school to discuss this in complete confidence.
Please find below our Pupil Premium Strategy for the current academic year and our review of Pupil Premium spend and impact for the previous academic year.