In Maths, we follow the White Rose Hub scheme of learning. Children follow a three-part lesson structure: concrete, pictorial and abstract. Children are encouraged and supported to apply the skills they learn, in each lesson, to reasoning and problem solving questions.
This term in maths we are focussing on:
Place value to 100
- Count to and across 100, forwards and backwards, beginning with 0 or 1, or from any given number.
- Count, read and write numbers from 1-100 in numerals and words.
- Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line, and use the language of: equal to, more than, less than, most, least.
- Given a number, identify one more and one less.
- Recognise and know the value of different denominations of coins and notes.
- Solve one step problems that involve addition and subtraction, using concrete objects and pictorial representations, and missing number problems.
- Learn to recognise o'clock and half past the hour. Some children will begin learning quarter to and quarter past.