English - In English we focus on a book to centre our learning around. Children are supported:
- To use Fred sounds to help read and write words.
- To form letters clearly.
- To write on the lines.
- To use finger spaces between words.
- To learn to use capital letters at the start of a sentence.
- To learn to use full stops at the end of a sentence.
- To learn to use a variety of adjectives to add interest to my writing.
- To learn to sequence events and recount them in appropriate detail
- To learn to use appropriate vocabulary to suit the purpose
This term we will be looking at books: The Three Little Pigs, The Night Pirates and How to Find Gold.