Accident and Illness
Report your child's absence
- If your child is absent you should phone 01689 602786 before 9.00 or send a message via Parentmail on each day of absence to advise the reason.
- Please note, a reason of ‘unwell’ is not acceptable, we do require the exact nature of the illness.
If your child is absent for more than 3 days, medical evidence must be provided.
Please note, it is possible for us to administer medicines (e.g Calpol /Ibuprofen / Antibiotics on your behalf as long as they have been prescribed by a doctor. Please talk to the school office who will help you complete the correct paperwork in order that your child can continue to attend school where appropriate.
Sickness and/or Diarrhoea
When a child is absent due to vomiting and/or diarrhoea, please ensure that he/she is symptom free for at least 48 hours before returning to school.
Please refer to our full policy “Medical matters and the administration of medication”.
Medical / Hospital Appointments
Wherever possible please make appointments outside of school hours.
- If an appointment must be made during school hours, please endeavour to make it as late in the day as possible; all children have Maths and English during the morning which can be more difficult to catch up on.
- Should you be forced to make an appointment during the day, your child should be returned to school afterwards.
Exceptional Leave of Absence
- Absence should only be requested if circumstances are exceptional, i.e. compassionate grounds and must be applied for in advance of the absence. Please apply in writing for the attention of Mrs G Sesli, Executive Headteacher.
- Please note, it is not the right of the parent to take children on holiday during term time. Unauthorised absences can result in a Penalty Notice (fine).
- If you do decide to take your child(ren) on an unauthorised holiday / absence, you should still let the Attendance Officer know. Lack of communication can result in our Educational Welfare Officer or the police having to make a home visit, and miscommunication can result in awkward and embarrassing conversations having to be had.